Right angle to existing concrete fence posts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a long and thin garden with concrete posts, concrete gravel boards and wodden fence panels running both sides.

I would like to close the bottom of my garden the same way. My only issue is that both end post are standard slotted concrete post, instead of corner posts.

I was thinking of bolting, at right angle, a 6ft concrete post to the existing end posts, would that be a good way to do it, any better way?

Many thanks!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
A edge, but wanted to close it properly to stop foxes to come in.

Either dig up what’s there and replace what’s there with a corner post, but as you likely to have a part panel at one end you may be able to fix a wooden post to the existing concrete one by drilling through the concrete and rebar to fix it, although that is risky. Which leaves you with plan A.

Blup

Sponsored Links
You can buy clamps that clip and grip concrete posts, mainly to hang baskets etc.
but would also work to fit a wooden corner.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Some great ideas there, that will save me a lot of work. Thanks guys

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back