right go easy on me internal soil stack problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
right im a woman so am not expected to know about these things so please be gentle with me and simply worded answers would be great :D our bathroom is currently set out with toilet sink and bath in a line on one wall in that order with the bath being positioned above where the soil stack which is internal comes up i am told there should be a breather pipe which should continue up the wall which there isnt, there is however a pipe which seems to come under the floor from the bathroom into our airing cupboard next door and up into the loft, we are wanting to remove the bath completely and install a shower pod where the toilet is currently putting the toilet where the bath now is, how difficult is this to do and do i have the correct ventilation (the guy who lived here before me comprehensively botched every job he did on the house paying no heed to regulations or safety)

Sponsored Links
Can you see the soil stack then where it terminates under the bath ( I'm guessing) or is there any boxing in the bathroom? Soil stack should definately be vented to outside if it is the only stack in the house. Not sure what pipe you mean going under the floor to the loft. Is it four inches in diameter and is it connected to soil stack any where else? Even if it is soil pipe could be connected to a fan somewhere, ie in a downstairs loo if you have one.
Cure

Its probably a two inch vent pipe, they are quite common in newer properties and it will have to stay or be rerouted out of the way.

Could you stud off the wall to hide it all?
This will leave ample space for those concealed shower pipes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back