Right way to pack the lorry.

tetris.gif

Get practicing!! :D

Sponsored Links
My husband took a relatively 'mild' bend at the bottom of a hill at the speed he would normally do in a car and almost has an accident...so do drive safely.

That's why i'm so glad they took that Category off licenses nowday's.

I saw that Pickfords removal company docusoap recently, and they said that self sourced boxes, of different sizes, collapse under the weight, and are difficult to stack, due to odd shaped boxes.

Also have a lookup code system, as to where every box is due to be unloaded to, so you can immediately say, upstairs, downstairs, whatever room etc..

We did the same here Alarm with an extensive record collection, you can get so many in a box but damned if I could pick it up afterwards :eek:

Lorry here tomorrow so getting worried now, is it ok to stand beds and sofa's on there ends upright against the sides and strapping them there?

Sponsored Links
Good luck with the move Mr Box. Are all the boxes coming along to help?
:LOL:

7.5 ton is not that big for a house move. You sure you won't need two trips :p

Stuffed if I do, it's a 5 hour trip one way and we've got to be out for 1.00pm :eek:

Will know tomorrow as I collect the van in the morning so have two days to load, maybe take some round my mates ;)

While the same size boxes make it easier to pack, one tip I picked up from my parents was to take all those items that you don't use day to day, but still want to keep, and store them in a relative's or friend's house(s). This means you limit the stuff you move on the day, and you simply pick them up when you get semi sorted at the new gaff.

DON'T FORGET TO ELECTRICALLY ISOLATE THE TAIL LIFT!!!

I SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE!!!!

I forgot and something fell over, knocking the switch in the back of the lorry which proceeded to drop the tail lift at 50 on a dual carriageway.....

Luckily, when I returned it, they didn't comment...

Sponsored Links
Back