Rip Off Amazon Prime "Free Expidited" Delivery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have you ever noticed that you can buy identical products from different sellers on Amazon?

But the ones with "free expidited" delivery are always the most expensive?

Sponsored Links
Never found anyone selling something cheaper, including delivery, than Amazon Prime.
Wife got an email last week asking if she wanted to renew for 12 months, it also told her she had saved over £650 delivery charges over the last 12 months.
Bit of a no-brainer.

Never found anyone selling something cheaper, including delivery, than Amazon Prime.

I guess if I was running a business that dodged most of the taxes that other businesses have to pay, I could afford to undercut them.

Sponsored Links
Amazon prime is amazing. I order so much stuff for the house - rather than traipsing around B&Q at the weekend I can order most of the little things from Amazon (Everbuild Pinkgrip foam is good value) and just get the big stuff from builder merchants.

And, free movies!

Jon's top tip: Help the missus by ordering cleaning products on Amazon using an Amazon Pantry box, then "discover" that you still have space to fill in the box before you can check out, and fill it with beer.

everybody knows that drunk drivers cause accidents.

everybody knows that out government is ineffectually allowing the country to roll towards a disastrous Brexit

everybody knows that cigarettes cause cancer and heart disease.

everybody knows that stirring up hatred increases violence

And you want to keep quiet?

IMO it is better to try to reduce the damage.

everybody knows that drunk drivers cause accidents.
every drunk driver?

everybody knows that out government is ineffectually allowing the country to roll towards a disastrous Brexit
Are you sure, is the eu partly/mainly to blame?

everybody knows that cigarettes cause cancer and heart disease.
Some people smoke & don't suffer.

everybody knows that stirring up hatred increases violence
any dfinitive proof?

And you want to keep quiet?
I am, you're the one on here night & day.

IMO it is better to try to reduce the damage.
By being a pain?

you find it painful to be reminded of the world's imperfections, when they could be corrected by a concerted effort and public support?

you find it painful to be reminded of the world's imperfections, when they could be corrected by a concerted effort and public support?
How long have people been trying to correct "imperfections" ? People have different perspectives on life, I regard the eu as imperfect , where as you don't. People will always disagree , it would be a sad world if we didn't, nothing would ever be achieved.

Wife got an email last week asking if she wanted to renew for 12 months, it also told her she had saved over £650 delivery charges over the last 12 months.
Bit of a no-brainer.
If the £650 was a genuine saving, yes.

Here is the listing of an Amazon-sold pump.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/SIPHON-PUM...ie=UTF8&qid=1533971624&sr=8-8&keywords=syphon

Here is the listing of the same item (OK, branded differently, but the same nonetheless)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Streetwize...ie=UTF8&qid=1533971624&sr=8-3&keywords=syphon

Both have free delivery but Amazon's is quicker. OK, in this case, the price difference is not huge. But it can be quite sizeable and if you buy a lot of stuff from Amazon like we do (and you don't have to have it overnight) then you could make genuine savings, rather than actually pay for so-called "free" Prime delivery.

Sponsored Links
Back