RNLI takes down its website after suspected hacking attempt

No, there is a legal route. They can apply for entry a work permit or residency from outside the UK if they want to live and work here. They don't need to use an asylum claim as the method of gaining leave to remain.

I don't believe that the majority of asylum claims are claims for asylum because the claimants genuinely didn't believe that any of the countries that they passed through were safe. They claim asylum in the UK for other reasons, specifically that they think they have a greater chance of being allowed leave to remain than applying for a work permit or residency.

I'm not suggesting for one minute that border force sink a boat. I think they should collect the occupants and return them to France. If the occupants try to avoid the border patrol boats, the border patrol should alert land forces so that they occupants can then he detained and returned to France. The RNLI should not be involved.

The only way to stop the profiteering of the criminal gangs trafficking people to the UK is to make the effort of crossing the channel non viable as a route to claiming asylum, and immediate return for france would do that. I would also set up an asylum processing centre in France.

Again there is no legal route for Asylum - you are confusing this withl migration. The claims for Asylum are accepted in about 60% of cases after appeal -so facts come before your beliefs.

How can they return them to France - what law would allow them to return them?

How would you set up an asylum processing centre in France? What laws would apply?

Sponsored Links
No, there is a legal route. They can apply for entry a work permit or residency from outside the UK if they want to live and work here. They don't need to use an asylum claim as the method of gaining leave to remain.
Many thousands do, but they're not at risk of death or persecution in their country of origin.

I don't believe that the majority of asylum claims are claims for asylum because the claimants genuinely didn't believe that any of the countries that they passed through were safe.
Total misrepresentation. They leave their country of origin because they are not safe there!
After that, they are a lot safer and can re-consider their next journey in life.

They claim asylum in the UK for other reasons, specifically that they think they have a greater chance of being allowed leave to remain than applying for a work permit or residency.
You're peddling myths based on your lack of understanding. It's probably an intentional misrepresentation based on your own RWR attitude. And that's me being charitable.

I'm not suggesting for one minute that border force sink a boat. I think they should collect the occupants and return them to France.
And France is likely to cooperate, while UK refuses to take a fair share, and creates ill-feeling?

If the occupants try to avoid the border patrol boats, the border patrol should alert land forces so that they occupants can then he detained and returned to France.
If the occupants try to avoid border patrols, they are not intending to claim asylum. :rolleyes:

The RNLI should not be involved.
RNLI exist to save lives at sea. They do not make moral or political decisions.

The only way to stop the profiteering of the criminal gangs trafficking people to the UK is to make the effort of crossing the channel non viable as a route to claiming asylum,
And that hasn't worked so far.

and immediate return for france would do that.
Not possible. It would make UK a people smuggler.

I would also set up an asylum processing centre in France.
Already discussed in other responses. It would create other repercussions.

Again there is no legal route for Asylum - you are confusing this withl migration. The claims for Asylum are accepted in about 60% of cases after appeal -so facts come before your beliefs.

How can they return them to France - what law would allow them to return them?

How would you set up an asylum processing centre in France? What laws would apply?
I accept there is no route for asylum claims until they arrive in the UK. But i think that the majority of claims are not genuine asylum seekers fleeing to the UK in fear of their lives. They are choosing to come to the UK for other reasons, ie economic, family, speak the language etc. I think that the asylum system is being abused and manipulated as a route to allow migration and there is a whole infrastructure that has been set up to assist asylum seekers to game the system.

As for laws for returning channel crossers to France and an asylum processing centre in France, it would be an entirely new approach and therefore the legal infrastructure would need to be created.

Again there is no legal route for Asylum -
Well there is. you arrive in a country, by any means possible, and surrender to authorities at the earliest opportunity.
Please don't confuse the legal route with the safe route.
There is no safe route to claiming asylum.

Now if I were a stranger in a foreign land, and I wished to cross a large body of water, would I try it all on my own, buy a boat (from where, how) or with a group of similarly inexperienced travellers, and just set sail? Or would I take (naively) the advice and offer of assistance from apparently experienced people?

Sponsored Links
But i think that the majority of claims are not genuine asylum seekers fleeing to the UK in fear of their lives.
Of course you do. :rolleyes:

They are choosing to come to the UK for other reasons, ie economic, family, speak the language etc.
Of course you do. :rolleyes:
But why are they leaving their country of origin?
That's the real question. Your comment only addresses why they choose UK. it does not address why they leave their country.

I think that the asylum system is being abused and manipulated as a route to allow migration and there is a whole infrastructure that has been set up to assist asylum seekers to game the system.
That is why all applications must be processed, to differentiate between the genuine claims form the non-genuine claims.

As for laws for returning channel crossers to France and an asylum processing centre in France, it would be an entirely new approach and therefore the legal infrastructure would need to be created.
And a better relationship engendered. And Boris and Priti are the right people for that job?

I accept there is no route for asylum claims until they arrive in the UK. But i think that the majority of claims are not genuine asylum seekers fleeing to the UK in fear of their lives.
You believe it, but why do you believe it? When people have tried to count the genuine from the not worthy of asylum they get statistics like this:

Decisions and refusals
The percentage of asylum applicants refused at initial decision reached its highest point at 88% in 2004. After that, the percentage of applicants refused at initial decision fell to 59% in 2014, then rose again before dropping to 48% in 2019.

In the period from 2004 to 2020, around three-quarters of applicants refused asylum at initial decision lodged an appeal and almost one third of those appeals were allowed.
https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn01403/
So around 50% are initially approved at the moment and of the refusals roughly a third are approved later. That means that more than half of applicants are legitimate refugees.

You believe it, but why do you believe it? When people have tried they get statistics like this:

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn01403/
So around 50% are initially approved at the moment and of the refusals roughly a third are approved later. That means that more than half of applicants are legitimate refugees.

Facts don't matter. The figures are wrong, the Government is lying, I know best as my friend told me and I read in FB and the DM has articles nearly everyday about asylum seekers, so who is telling the truth? Me or some poxy statement on a website.

:mrgreen:

If the RNLI start making political decisions to not rescue refugees in trouble at sea, they're in danger of making the Home Office decisions for them, as to who are genuine refugees, and who are not.
So if they ignore a call of distress, and 80% of those in distress are considered genuine refugees........

Part of the draw for illegals/ asylum seekers in the uk v other countries is that working illegally is easy in the uk.

this is interesting point, I’ve tried to searching about this but it’s hard to find much.

I did one article that said there’s a higher percentage of illegal work in France than UK….but if it’s illegal, how would they know.

But what is the legal route to claiming Asylum? You can only claim once you are in the UK. So you would have to first legally enter the UK or not? If you have to legally enter the UK first then you have to get a Visa first as many of these countries these people come from who claim Asylum do not have visa free access.

That then makes no sense as you cannot apply for a Visa with the intention of subsequently claiming asylum as it would be a false declaration on the form.

So what is the legal route?

It’s common for RWR to say they should apply using legal routes……a good old circular argument.

If the immigrants are genuinely in fear of their lives, they could have claimed asylum in any of the countries they passed through to get to the UK, but they don't. That makes them economic migrants, and if they want to live and work in the uk

this is a common argument, which is rather false.

let’s say the French use that argument: “you should’ve stayed in Italy”

let’s say the Italians say: “you should’ve stayed in Slovenia”
Let’s say the Slovenes then say “you should’ve stayed in Croatia”

And so we get all they way back to Turkey…..and the Turks say “we’ve got 3.5 million already”

All your argument is really saying is “my head is in sand, it’s not my problem”

run away from persecution, when safe, apply for asylum. It really is that simple.
Britain does not allow asylum claims outside of the UK

are you therefore advocating people come here over the channel
or are you saying Britain should take no asylum seekers at all

You apply for asylum in the first safe country you reach. Once you have leave to remain, you can apply for a visa like anyone else who wants to come to the UK.

Sponsored Links
Back