Rogue Traders

Comustion chamber cover not boiler cover. An electrician doesn't need to go in there ( CCC) to change a timer.

Why anyone who isn't qualified in some way would go in there is,frankly,beyond me. There are some boilers ( Positive fanned)that could potentionally kill you if you open up the cumbustion cover and only someone familiar with these boilers should open them up.

tony

That's what I thought but on the prog they clearly showed just the boiler cover being removed and they then said "that's illegal".... scaremongering then? or factually incorrect programme using incorrect advice from the "expert".

Pete

Sponsored Links
Exactly, its part of a users guide to remove the cover to light the pilot.

IMO the program was wrong.
perhaps we ought to be writing to them & complaining about it :D

Exactly, its part of a users guide to remove the cover to light the pilot.

:D

I've never seen a users guide which advises removing 'the cover' to relight the pilot.

Which cover are you referring to and can you provide a link to the user guide?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
On my Worcester 9.24 you have to remove the cover to light the pilot.
Have you never come across a combi boiler that required that?

We are talking the front cover here, NOT the combustion chamber cover.

Here is a quickly found example. See page 2.

On my Worcester 9.24 you have to remove the cover to light the pilot.
Have you never come across a combi boiler that required that?

We are talking the front cover here, NOT the combustion chamber cover.

Here is a quickly found example. See page 2.

Thanks for clearing that up and actually no on most combi boilers the user controls don't require removing any cover.

Have you ever removed the front cover on any Vokera boiler ,for example?

I doubt very much that yer 'average punter' ,who can't even tell you the make and model of a particular boiler,could get one off and on again far less remove a cover to light a pilot. Most of them don't have clue how to fill the heating system on a combi far less light a pilot :LOL:

from memory iam sure all the case's that was removed in the programme did form some sort of seal and wasn't just a cover. the valliant is a room sealed appliance if ya remove the front cover it is breaking the seal between the room and the outside air. and as i remember the boiler where the siren went off :LOL: was a positive pressure glowworm fuelsaver which can be dangerous if not checked properly

thats better lol :LOL:

although i think they would be better off using jamie oliver :rolleyes:

from memory iam sure all the case's that was removed in the programme did form some sort of seal and wasn't just a cover. the valliant is a room sealed appliance if ya remove the front cover it is breaking the seal between the room and the outside air. and as i remember the boiler where the siren went off :LOL: was a positive pressure glowworm fuelsaver which can be dangerous if not checked properly

Spot on, and the way them vaillants and glowworms leak from the hx seals the front cover is a crucial seal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back