Roller sleeve choice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Which roller sleeve for smooth finish Satinwood Water based paint on wood? Short/med/long pile or foam or else?

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Did you read my question? It's about roller sleeves.

Last edited:
Short pile (the mock mohair types). Definitely not foam, it generates air bubbles. If the door has a deep grain, you may need to use the dense foam rollers with the short pile.

Personally, I too would use a brush though.

Sponsored Links
Short pile (the mock mohair types). Definitely not foam, it generates air bubbles. If the door has a deep grain, you may need to use the dense foam rollers with the short pile.

Personally, I too would use a brush though.
I don't have grains, will use short pile. But what is dense foam roller with short pile, any links? I may need in the future.
Cheers

Yellow stipe I call them. White with thin yellow stripe through. Screwfix sell under prodec brand but also same rollers sold under different brands.
Will look nicer if you take doors off and lay flat. You can make wood legs up and flip over to do both side if you look up

I don't have grains, will use short pile. But what is dense foam roller with short pile, any links? I may need in the future.
Cheers
these are the ones that I was referring to

They are only 4 inches wide, but if your doors have panels, I am guessing that you won't want a 9" roller.

Did you read my question? It's about roller sleeves.
For a professional looking finish a good quality Brush is the answer . If you just want to spread the paint about any type of roller would do that .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back