romoval of wall under a 4inc inck concreat roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI Guys
i am new here so gentle please .

I have an out building which is a mess of small rooms , Cole house , loo, shed, etc . I would love to open it up by removing the single brick wall that runs in a dog leg from wall to wall approx 6 ft .

the question does the 4inch concreat roof need suporting or will it self support . it was cast in situ in about 1939..

Sponsored Links
My experience of these roofs is that they stay up whether you want them to or not! :LOL:

LOL I had a feeling that may be the case . I spent a few £££ having the roof re bituminized and graveled with a nice mineral edging . and would hate for it to crack . I am still at a loss why it's 4 inches of concreate uness it was for a bomb shelter.

Yes these are normally bombproof, but inquire locally to check if the slabs in other similar properties near you are not getting support from the internal walls.

Ask around, it will be hard to determine from the internet how yours was built

Sponsored Links
I have uploaded a couple of photographs of said roof if this helps form an opinion . if any one wants to price the job let me know I'm in Dudley west midlands .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back