Roof in need of replacement?

Sponsored Links
Wouldn't surprise me if it was nail sick, slates might go again though.

Looks like poor quality slates with defects. The more worrying part of the image is the poor lead flashing around the chimney. Is there any under-felt?

If that is a picture from your back bedroom of the annex then I would say £2800 is cheap. Does it need doing not easy to tell from that picture, but if you can see the slates in the loft then it could be time to get it re-roofed.

Sponsored Links
looking @ the one side repointed chimney - I`m guessing the other side of the ridge is next door :confused: - so the ridges have to be removed potentially damaging the slates on t`other side :idea: Chimney needs a proper all round flashing - and probably need an abutment flashing to your wall that we can`t see - as to price , I`m just so sceptical of roofers ;) But Catlad is in the same county as you .

Has the roofer said the whole of your house roof needs doing or just this elevation? This looks like the offshoot elevation on a terraced house to me. If it is just this elevation then £2'800 sounds quite expensive but if it is the whole house then it sounds too cheap. I would follow the earlier advice given and try and get in touch with catlad as he seems to give quite good advice here for free so he must be a decent chap. The harsh reality is that there are people out there who will rip you off and not do a professional job. If someone takes the time here to give sound, professional, free advice then they can't be all bad.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back