Roof/Lead Experts - please help!

Sponsored Links
How is it relevant.

I think it may be relevant to the OP , because he has already bought the lead ;)

Also I know where SASroofer is coming from, but I think that as this is a DIY site, and if the OP is willing to research and is fairly competent at DIY, then he should be able to make a go of it.

Have a look at the link posted by FMT and there is a picture of a bay roof with rolled joint, then if you do some googling you will find more details of this jointing method.

I have seen some small bays successfully done in what looked like a form of standing seam joint

Like these

panel3.jpg

In which case widths of 600mm may be appropriate, but I'm only guessing. Generally the fewer the joints the better

Other things to consider are if the timber deck is in OK condition or if it needs to give a better fall, and also the roof edge treatment and overhang

How is it relevant.

I think it may be relevant to the OP , because he has already bought the lead ;)

Also I know where SASroofer is coming from, but I think that as this is a DIY site, and if the OP is willing to research and is fairly competent at DIY, then he should be able to make a go of it.

Have a look at the link posted by FMT and there is a picture of a bay roof with rolled joint, then if you do some googling you will find more details of this jointing method.

I have seen some small bays successfully done in what looked like a form of standing seam joint

Like these

panel3.jpg

In which case widths of 600mm may be appropriate, but I'm only guessing. Generally the fewer the joints the better

Other things to consider are if the timber deck is in OK condition or if it needs to give a better fall, and also the roof edge treatment and overhang

Thank you mate.

I will be getting help with this but I wanted to do a thorough investigation before committing myself to this project.

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
I agree that replacing the lead is a big job and shouldn't be undertaken lightly.
Have you looked at lead alternative - Ubiflex is a good brand.
this is much lighter than traditional lead and also can be joined easier.

WTF the site owner must have read my satirical post and edited it :rolleyes: it`s completely different now - I should have copied the original link - There was a picture of a guy and there was part of the headline script covering his face - made me F ing :LOL: anyway .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back