Roof leak?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Found this on my bedroom ceiling.

A storm a few months ago was really strong and I noticed a bit more daylight in the loft over that way but it all looked dry but can’t get over that far without a lot of difficulty.

If it is likely a leak, what’s the usual procedure to fix? I’ve heard not to mess with roof tiles, but I’d feel comfortable climbing up on a ladder to move them if needs be

EC9B8D50-1E63-4699-8538-84A021C7C583.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Photos of the inside are useless, you need to inspect the roof above from the outside, any loose tiles or similar in the vicinity? Whilst difficult, you might not have a choice but to see if you can see anything untoward from the inside, is this at the eaves or what?

We have a saying at work but to save your ears/insult I'll summarise by saying if you want a decent answer you'll have to provide some decent information ....

Photos of the inside are useless, you need to inspect the roof above from the outside, any loose tiles or similar in the vicinity? Whilst difficult, you might not have a choice but to see if you can see anything untoward from the inside, is this at the eaves or what?

We have a saying at work but to save your ears/insult I'll summarise by saying if you want a decent answer you'll have to provide some decent information ....

I just posted another thread - gutter guy said first 2 rows of tiles are ropey - if you could have a look at that thread would appreciate it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back