Roof paint

hi there i've been in the roofing trade for over 35 years specializing in removing moss from roofs, we have heavily research into this, and found moss damaging to roofs. roof coating are beneficial but it has to be done right, for example our company taken a range of coating for sale on the market put then to a lab for testing, some lasted on 3 months whereas others lasted 18 years so watch how you buy from. you should be looking to pay no less than £80 for 15 litres many thanks cal

Sponsored Links
I agree. i am also in the same trade for many years contracting to councils, specializing in moss removing, We have heavily researched into roof coating found it to out last a new roof if installed correctly, the dauts from people are coming from pure coating suppliers in the uk, we taken 10 different manufacturers coatings sent them away for accelerated testing 2000hr the same as 10 years british weathering, Brand names like matheys, acrypol, mgc, stanley, remained intact,yes they did get dirty and a little growth but so does a new new roof tile, but some coatings only lasted 1-3 years one off lasted 3 months this is the problem.

:rolleyes: You're talking to yourself, but at least you've convinced you.

I won't bore you with useless comments like the rest here have.
Your answer is simple,

www.liquidplastics.co.uk

About Them...
Liquid Plastics are successful and innovative manufacturers of cold applied coatings and membranes for roofs, walls and hygiene control. Established in 1963 in Preston, England, Liquid Plastics are committed to providing systems that are highly advanced, at the leading edge in their field and are also durable, cost-effective and require minimal maintenance. The company’s extensive product range has been used in projects ranging from the Arctic Circle to the heat of the Persian Gulf and is regularly relied upon by many major organisations including British Airways, Marks and Spencer, Debenhams and the National Exhibition Centre (NEC) in Birmingham.

Sponsored Links
I won't bore you with useless comments like the rest here have.
Your answer is simple,

www.liquidplastics.co.uk

About Them...
Liquid Plastics are successful and innovative manufacturers of cold applied coatings and membranes for roofs, walls and hygiene control. Established in 1963 in Preston, England, Liquid Plastics are committed to providing systems that are highly advanced, at the leading edge in their field and are also durable, cost-effective and require minimal maintenance. The company’s extensive product range has been used in projects ranging from the Arctic Circle to the heat of the Persian Gulf and is regularly relied upon by many major organisations including British Airways, Marks and Spencer, Debenhams and the National Exhibition Centre (NEC) in Birmingham.

Ahhh, a smart arse :LOL: If you had read the thread properly brainache, you would have seen that its pitched roof tiles he wants to coat....wally :LOL:

We install over 1/2 million £ss worth of LPL a year, and never on a tiled roof yet!

ah, he said concrete tiles... thats why i said what i said.
You can LP over Concrete, he didnt say slate or anything, so i do believe i was in the right to answer with what i did.
Also im sure there is a chemical you can get to paint over the moss to kill it before laying LP?!!?

Are you seriously promoting coating a pitched roof with this liquid plastic? :eek:

Does aesthetics come into the equation?

ah, he said concrete tiles... thats why i said what i said.
You can LP over Concrete, he didnt say slate or anything, so i do believe i was in the right to answer with what i did.
Also im sure there is a chemical you can get to paint over the moss to kill it before laying LP?!!?

Elephant sperm. Too thick to spray, you have to spoon it on.

Well obviously it depends on how pitched the roof is, but my company just felted boarded and Coated a pitched roof with Liquid Plastics 3 weeks ago....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back