roof tank overflowing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
I am helping my niece and her boyfriend refit their bathroom.We totally gutted it and capped of the taps with iso valves(temp while tiling).There was a shower,no electrics so I assume it was fed from the hot water system,anyway they removed this and capped it off as they want a power shower direct from the rising main.When they refilled the system it overflowed in the roof.A plummer came out and sorted it out but was very vague as to the cause,can anyone tell me what may have caused this please incase of any further occurances,it didnt take him long to sort out,perhaps it was easy money??

Sponsored Links
Probably a bit of muck in the ball valve which caused the ball valve not to close off properly which he has now cleaned out

Hi,it was not filling from the ball valve,the water was filling from the bottom,I checked the ball valve and there was no flow coming in from it.

Hi

If it was going into the tank from the bottom why did it not go out the overflow.

Sponsored Links
lancenotalot said:
Hi there,
as they want a power shower direct from the rising main.??

Power shower on rising main-----Are you sure????

Pumping mains water is a big no no... water regs..

After they finished the work they didn't link the hot and cold pipes to the old shower together did they? Silly question I know but I seen this happen -or something similar on a job before.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back