Roof tiles are they nailed in or cemented

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

After the storm some roof tiles have come off the roof they are still on there but out of place can anyone tell me if they are nailed in or cemented I need to find this out before I go up and place them back is a tough job ? or pretty easy.

Im covered with insurance so I can always use that as a 2nd card.

any ideas cos if its a quickfix i rather avoid filling in all those papers they give ya.

thanks.

Sponsored Links
steeper roofs require nailing. are your tiles plain or interlocking concrete?

You tiles should have nibs on them unless butchered by the roofer. They can just be pushed up and will catch onto the timber batten and stay in place. If they have no nib but are small tiles an effective non evasive method as opposed to nailing the tiles is use silicon sealant to glue the tiles into place the silicon has a product life of ten years

Sponsored Links
The overall weather conditions, ie average wind speeds etc should determine which and how many rows of tiles should be secured(although this is rarely taken into account by some roofers) All perimeter tiles should be nailed. All tiles as previously mentioned should have nibs to hook over batons unless removed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back