Roofers in Gloucestershire area...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend some good roofers in the Gloucestershire area? Its one job I'm not too keen on doing since its a 3 storey building! Basically looks like some flashing work and some odd tiles. Some quotes I have had are asking for almost a grand which seems a bit steep!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I expect that `grand' includes a scaffold which unfotunatley is not cheap, if you're getting about the same figure from multiple sources then the price is probably about right. The scaffold will be a few hundred pounds plus labour at a couple of hundred or so, materials around a hundred and believe it or not we roofers do actually like to make a litle bit of profit (and there's not much of that about at the moment) so I don't think you'll be paying much less than that from any bona fide contractors you may get to quote.

since its a 3 storey building!

damn logistics!

owning a three storey building, not only means a lot of stairs but also an out-of-reach-by regular-ladders, situation too.

you have my sympathies. if it is front elevation and ground conditions allow, how about a cherry picker.

this may ruffle a few feathers, as i argued with a recent poster that a c.p. was no substitute for a scaffold. they do have their uses though. ;)

Sponsored Links
Yeah the scaffolding itself is costing a fair whack. I really don't trust myself going up on that roof if the scaffolding is up. Trying to find a long enough ladder is a mission in itself, just to have a better look. Looks like i will have to stump up the cash :cry:

The idea of a cherry picker outside the front of my house makes me grin, what will the neighbours say! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back