roofing work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am in the process of doing an extension. i was considering changing the roof tiles on the exisiting house roof since the north facing elevation i exposed on my last extension were in a bad way. all nails were very rusty and battens were going.

this new extension is on the side, and i was considering changing the side and front roof tiles at the same time on the existing house. the house has Sterberg Courtrai clay tiles. Question is, if i have to take the tiles off to re battern and felt, is it worth changing the tiles as well since they are nearly 60 yrs old. i replaced the rear with black mendip concrete tiles since they gave a good finish, and would probably do the same again. we do not intend moving so was wondering if it is worth doing it now to get it all finished.?

Sponsored Links
If your budget allows it would be a good idea and it should be cheaper in the long term.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back