ROOFING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my roof has no roofing felt on, can i do this from the inside loft space ? if yes what material can i use ?

Sponsored Links
strac said:
my roof has no roofing felt on, can i do this from the inside loft space ? if yes what material can i use ?
You don't have to have roofing felts, is it bothering you?

If you want roofing felt on to be used as it's name states,

Then you would have to take all the tiles/slates of the roof and take the lats off as well ( most probably have to be renewed ) then felt it then lat it then tile/slate,

Not a job to take on unless you know what your doing, and it won't be cheap done by a pro

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies, I'd rather not go into having the whole roof done, but would like something done as the loft is filthy and anything stored there just gets covered in dirt of a period of time. is there is some sort of good material i put up from the inside which may also help with insulation.

Celotex..between the rafters :idea: .Flippin `eck Static...good point :oops:

Putting insulation between rafters when there is no sarking isnt the best solution, as when your roof tiles slip because some fat seagul lands badly on them and water that penetrates will collect down the rafters. After about 6 months of being waterlogged the rafter will rot and grow all kinds of fungus. Give it a year or 2 and you will hear a long CREEAKing noise followed a crash and people upstairs screaming your name. 2 weeks later you have a new 18 grand roof.
I like the idea of putting up brown paper between the rafters as it stops the dust/dirt flying in and will show you instantly when the tiles have slipped. Or maintain your roof regularly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back