room influence

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Been exploring the depths of the menu's on my boiler, found a setting thats called "Room Influence" this is set at 30% does that mean the boiler has 70% control?

There are 3 circuits on the boiler each with it's own thermostat surely it would make sense to have the thermostats command the boiler, therefore should I change this setting to 100%

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sponsored Links
Which make/model boiler do you have?
Which make/model controls do you have?

Sponsored Links
So back to the original question, should the "Room Influence" be set to 100% so the room stat can control the boiler?
Your boiler uses weather compensation with an external sensor to control the flow temperature; it can also use a room sensor. The parameter determines the influence that the room sensor has on the flow temp. If you set the parameter to 0%, the flow temp is controlled by the external sensor alone; if you set the parameter to 100% the external sensor is ignored. The correct setting will depend on your house.

This parameter will have been set by the installer when commissioning the boiler, so I would not fiddle with it.

Are you experiencing any problems, if so what are they?

It seems that the boiler has a mind of it's own, coming on at anytime of day or night, rads are only warm not hot, when the timer asks for comfort temperature then the rads are hot, the pump seems to run all day.

Am I right in thinking that there are two setting fighting against each other??

It seems that the boiler has a mind of it's own, coming on at any time of day or night, rads are only warm not hot, when the timer asks for comfort temperature then the rads are hot, the pump seems to run all day.
Not sure what you mean. :confused:

Are you saying that the rads are hot during the day but only warm at night?

What are your time and temperature settings over a day?

the pump seems to be continuosly on, daytime temp is set to 20C and nightime 16C, at 20 the rads are hot and room gets to temp, after stat goes to 16 the pump continues to run for approx 5 mins then stops and re-starts within 10 secs then goes on and off all night at intervals of 10 mins but rads are only slightly warm not enough to heat the room

rads are only slightly warm not enough to heat the room
Is that just a perception or have you measured the overnight temperature? A Max-Min thermometer is useful for this.

What insulation do you have in the house - cavity, loft, double glazing?

What is the house construction - brick or stone - and how old?

the temp of the room is OK, stat says 20C when it goes off and comes on again at 18.8C nightime is warm enough, stat says 15.5C before it comes on, not cold but the pump runs all the time as said before.

house built 1953, brick cavity walls not filled. Double glazing with argon, loft insulation 15cm

I have 2 of these boilers, one has 3 circuits and the one boiler giving trouble is only for the bedroom, so daytime it's on low setting but the pump runs all day long but rads are bearly warm and stat is not asking for heat.

just wondering if the boiler has not been set up properly, ie it dosen't know it has a room stat etc

I have 2 of these boilers, one has 3 circuits and the one boiler giving trouble is only for the bedroom, so daytime it's on low setting but the pump runs all day long but rads are barely warm and stat is not asking for heat.
Am I reading this correctly? One boiler just for one bedroom?

Two Boilers implies a large house; is that correct?

You said that the boiler is a Brotje Eco Therm Plus WGB 15-70C 28Kw model, but seems identical to the Potterton Paramount 2. I have checked both out and the numbers are the same, so I would agree with you.

I think your best bet is to contact Potterton Commercial:

Potterton Commercial
Baxi Commercial Division
Wood Lane
Erdington
Birmingham
B24 9QP
United Kingdom

Email: [email protected]

General: 0845 070 1055
Sales: 0845 070 1056
Technical: 0845 070 1057
Service: 0845 070 1058
Fax: 0845 070 1059

Are you warm enough without being too hot?

If the answer is yes, LEAVE IT ALONE - IT IS DOING ITS JOB!

You have an excellent control system.

Yes you are reading correctly, one boiler just for one room at the moment, the circuit will be extended later. Yes it's a large house. I'll contact Potterton for further info.
Thanks for all your help :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back