Room temperature exceeds thermostat setting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just purchased a new home that has vaillant boiler in it. This heats both the house as well as the hot water. I don't know anything about these and I was wondering if someone on here could help me with a question?

I have 3 zones in my house with 3 room thermostats. How come if all 3 thermostats are set at 50 degrees why is the temperature in those rooms 70 degrees plus? Shouldn't they be around the same?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Check that the manual over-ride levers on the zone valves are set to auto otherwise the valves will not function from the room stat signals.

Trust an American to have no sense of Geography :LOL:

Sorry dude - this is a UK based forum... hence the image of the UK on the top right of your screen ;).

diy4.gif

Sponsored Links
Why does it matter if its a UK forum? You speak English don't you? This was the best forum I found online for boiler questions and answers. Besides I got exactly what I needed. Thanks mr.therm!!

Indeed I do... and BEING English, I am innately sarcastic and ironic....

I also assumed that you had a Warm air unit rather than a wet heating system.

Anyway - glad you got your answer... now if you don't mind my Gin & Tonic needs a little revitalisation :D. Toodle-oo

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back