Room Thermometer not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have bought a room thermometer from amazon, my home is always cold but the thermometer keeps showing its between 18 to 20 degrees c, is it faulty ?

Then i bought another from a high street shop and this one show 10 - 11 degrees c.

What is happening ? im sure my room when the heating is not on, its like 3 degress c

Sponsored Links
You'd need a hat, gloves and at least five layers of clothing to sit and watch TV at 3deg C. Just try sitting outside in the shade tomorrow morning!! 10 degrees is pretty chilly - you'll want to walk around a bit from time to time. You'll still want a vest, shirt and wooly but you shouldn't need gloves ;)

At 18 degrees, sitting around, you'll probably want long sleeves and the women will complain that it's freezing.

Check for draughts. They can easily blow all your warm air away.

It does sound like your Amazon thermometer may be out of calibration. I don't suppose you can drop it in your ice-filled gin and tonic and see if it reads around zero?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back