Room Thermostat Compatability

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an oldish combi boiler (Worcester 24i) which never had a room thermostat when I moved in and I am currently relying on the thermostatic radiator valves for controling the temp.

I am interested in buying the Salus iT500 WiFi enabled thermostat/programer and was wondering if it would be compatable with my boiler and if my local plumber would have any difficulty installing it?

Literature for the boiler and thermostat should be found in the links below.

http://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/in...ure/24i-discontinued-november-2004-literature

http://www.salus-tech.com/cache/fil...2014/1/iT500-Installer-Manual-16pp-045-QR.pdf

Sponsored Links
yes it is compatible and an easy install, just as a side point british gas are advertising their remote controlled stat that you can control your heating from anywhere supplied and fitted for £150 a great deal in my opinion and no i dont work for BG (used to for my sins)

Thanks for the reply. Had a look on british gas website. They are currently advertising HIVE for £199 but said that you need a central heating system which already has a thermostat installed. I'm am also not a British gas customer.

I have enquired about this and told them about my set up so just waiting for a reply.

Sponsored Links
you dont need to be a BG customer neither do you need an existing room stat, of course you need a central heating system or what are you going to control ? you do need to have wifi in your home and a spare plug socket next to your wifi router , sorry couldnt find the link but they were advertising it for £150 earlier this week, downside be prepared for the sales speech when the engineer turns up to install it , you will no doubt need a power flush and a filter and boiler cover but he will be able to get you a discount on a new boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back