Rotating Dial on my Indesit WD12S UK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is wrong with my machine?

It was working fine, then a couple of months ago it would only work on programme 8 to do a quick wash.

Then it wouldn't work at all, then it came back to life and filled it up with water over halfway up the door!

I searched on the net and the consensus was that I needed a new PCB/module so I opened the machine and sure enough there were burn marks all over the board - FRIED

So, I ordered a new PCB from Indesit £78

I fitted it when it arrived and checked over all the connections.

Normally when I select a programme and switch it on I get rapid flashes and it starts the cycle. Now it doesn't! I get normal blinking light, then it goes off the the machine starts rotating the programme dial continuously whether the door is open or closed! The only difference with the door closed is that it fills with water continuously as well!!!

Can somebody please tell me what is wrong with it? I have read that it could be the pressure switch but why would it do that even with the door open? I'm more inclined to think that it is the programme/timer.

Can anybody confirm my suspicions and point me in the direction of a cheap spares company?

Final thought... Is there a reset button inside the machine that needs to be pressed and if so where is it?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
when u fitted new module u should have also fitted a new eeprom into the socket on the new board.the original board had a soldered in eeprom which can be removed and put in the socket if u are very compitent with soldering etc.the eeprom holds all the info of wash cycles etc there is no timer on this machine it is just a selector switch for the electonics. indesit will repair for £89.98 and supply all parts foc if under 5 yrs.

Thanks.

I had sent my old board to a company to evaluate whether or not it was screwed (www.qer.biz)

Luckily, the day before I was going to buy a new machine, they had emailed me and told me the same as you!

Double lucky was that the EEPROM chip was not soldered in...

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back