Rough cost of loft convertion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What's the rough cost of loft conversion to be done profetionaly ?

I'm looking into getting my loft made into a office

It's a upper cottage flat and it's around 30ft x 40ft loft space

I know it's a hard thing to judge without seeing but I'm just want to know a rough price range(Glasgow area) before I start getting people out to have a look

Cheers for any info :D

=============================
see forum rule 9

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
loft conversions are logistically labour intensive and therefore more costly than an equivalent space on the ground floor.

as barold has said, an architect is a must on a loft conversion as there are a lot of structure dependant elements to consider.

barold1 said:
Have you appointed an architect yet? I could help you out there!

Barry

The guy that I just phoned said he can handle everything so I'll wait and see what he has to say tomorrow night

Also "offices" weigh 2x more than bedrooms.. thus 2x more structure needed. Personally i would call it a bedroom and then use as a light office just put filing cabinets on some ply spreeders. Also when you sell the property it will fetch a better price with the bedroom than an office.

ok I've got someone coming out in the next hour, any questions I should be asking them about the work they carry out? Pro's and con stuff

Well I finally got someone out on Friday there, told me that It would be roughly £15k+ for what I was needed/wanting.

My next step is to get a architect to draw everything up so I'll check with all my neighbours first for planning permission before I go any further just incase.

Thanx for the great advice so far people :cool:

barold1 said:
Have you appointed an architect yet? I could help you out there!
Why? Do you know of a good one, or are you just abusing the forum by blatently advertising your services for free?

Softus,

Why do people like you have to be a smart a**e, who asked for your opinion on my intentions of the above statement?? Stop trying to be clever

barold1 said:
Why do people like you have to be a smart a**e/quote]
I honestly don't know - why don't you ask the people who are like me?

barold1 said:
who asked for your opinion on my intentions of the above statement??
I feel that you already know the answer, but, for the sake of completeness: nobody asked me. In fact, it's very rare that anyone directly asks anyone to post on the forum - it's a kinda free for all, generally.

barold1 said:
Stop trying to be clever
I can assure you that being clever happens with suprisingly little effort or intention.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back