Round downpipe to 20/25mm pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya,

My front portch has guttering either side of the pitch. On one side it goes down into the ground which is fine, but on the otherside it butts up against the gas meter cover as there is not enough space between the wall and the edge of the cover to run all the way down.

So I was thinking of putting some sort of adapter on it that would allow me to take a standard piece of 20 or 25mm conduit all the way down to the ground. The length of this conduit would be about 1.5m I would say, with the normal downpipe length being about 2m.

The fun begins as it would need to be an offset adapter as if the exit hole was in the middle, the conduit would still hit the meter cover!

Normally you would put bends on the downpipe to take it around the meter cover, but then this would interfere with opening the inspection hole for readings, maintenance etc, unless I take it far enough but as it's the front of the house I'd like to avoid this as it would look well ugly.

Sponsored Links
the first peice of moss that tries to go between the 2.5" existing and your 25mm pipe will simply jam in the hole and will overflow down the front of the property, down pipes are that diameter for a reason, the best solution is to reposition the gutter centre drop and run the existing pipe down to another location, post a pic for us

Thanks Kirk.

I am concerned about that very thing. The only other thing I can do is take the gutter round the front of the portch and join in to the other side, but the gutter would run along a the triangle of the pitch which might look odd.

Ignore the state of the meter cover. It's a very old photo and has been replaced since!

View media item 39503

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back