round to flat conduit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just taken over a flat with no main lights ... only wall lights, and a rather large storecupboard has no lights at all, i wish to run a dedicated light from a spare in the metal consumer unit (with metal pipe coming out of it) in round plastic pipe and then adaptor to plastic trunking, do they make such a part, round to flat plastic, cant seem to find it anywhere. suppose i could at a push screw a junction box onto the wall, but would prefer the other idea, only small one bedroom flat.

Sponsored Links
Not quite sure what you are wanting to do, but the normal wall to join conduit into trunking is just to drill a hole in the trunking and then just make off the conduit into that as normal

Got a pic/drawing?

Marshall tufflex do adaptors for 20mm conduit to MMT1 and MMT2 trunking, DIY sheds will unlikely stock these, and the wholesalers are unlikely to either. The wholesaler would have to purchase in a box of 20 or 50 to let you have just one, and the rest would sit on their shelf gathering dust.

Why can you not take the round conduit to the light fitting? Fit the light fitting to a circular conduit box.

Or take the conduit to the light switch, and then trunk from there to the light if you really want trunk as opposed to conduit.

I am sure there are other ways to do what you want - Take some pics of the room and consumer unit and we can advise many ways to do the same job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back