ROVER 623I - Dashboard Electrics Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help with what looks to be an electrical problem that has developed on my 1998(S) Rover 623? When the car is running, the speedo & rev counter are always on zero, whilst the temperature & petrol guages are permanently on high. In addition, both indicator bulbs on the dash are lit but the clock is very dim.

This started as an intermittent problem but has now developed into a permanent fault. All external lights/indicators continue to function ok.

I've just taken my husband's car down to the local garage who disconnected/reconnected the battery, as this can apparently sometimes kickstart any electrical faults, but unfortunately it did not work. I have the car booked in for two weeks time as it could be an earthing/connection problem behind the dash.

Just wondered if this a job best left to the professionals or is it something we could attempt to look at ourselves.

Any advice would be very welcome. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like an earthing problem to me too.
Can do all the obvious earth points (battery terminals - bodywork etc...... take them off, clean up with some sandpaper and re-attach) and see if that helps.

Thanks - We've cracked it!! We found a loose connection in the fusebox above the pedals.

Sponsored Links
Back