Rover 75 TD - a decent car ?

If the car is OK, don't worry about the extra 40bhp. It's a bigger car so it needs a bit more

Sponsored Links
To be honest, I wish I'd seen the listing for the 75 before I got the Bora.

Sorry , I assumed you were using your sister's Bora while hunting for a Rover 75..... I get confused these days

Yes, I was using her Bora last week to look for a new car.

I found a Bora on Friday last week and bought it at the weekend.

The 75 I mentioned above was listed yesterday - too late!

Sponsored Links
In general with diesels you don't waste money by having a larger engine in fact they have the potential to deliver better mpg as they are less stressed. As the throttle only controls the fuel input input and not the air with a bigger engine you get a better fuel air ratio which means a leaner burn, except that the EGR system negates that to a degree but it should still be better providing that you don't use the extra BHP available.

Peter

Have to say my Rover 45 diesel, is still giving me astounding MPG, even at 16 years old and 185000 miles. It's now got a Pierburgh MAF and a MAF amplifier fitted, which means it's slightly more nippy than the standard setup, but even now, I'm getting 40+ mpg as long as I'm not ridiculously heavy footed.

I've not had any experience with the BMW lump in the 75, but the L series I'd recommend to anyone. Look after it and it'll look after you.

Back