RSF 820/20 DHW PLAYING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have RAVENHEAT RSF 820/20t and problem with it, when I open hot water tap water coming hot and after about a minute getting warm only.
When i turn DHW thermostat to minimum is the similar situation at the beginning water is warm then getting cold.
I have replaced DHW thermostat I can hear is clicking means working but it look like is not reacting quick enough.

I check on diagram impulse from thermostat is going to PCB and I don't know what is basically mechanically make this water hot or cold because burner work perfectly, CH works OK . Diverted valve has been replaced as well.
If somebody can help, pls.

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if you are trying to mend the boiler for someone.

I think you would be advised to call a proper boiler engineer.

Tony

Thanks for reply.
Diverted valve has been change by CORGI engineer then I had no hot water because he mix wires on microswitches. I got the diagram from ravenheat plugged correctly and warks but water still playing. When he ring me this morning he set car get broke and I should find somebody else.
Somebody told me Heat Exchanger is blocked with lime is this make any sense?

Thanks for reply.
Diverted valve has been change by CORGI engineer then I had no hot water because he mix wires on microswitches. I got the diagram from ravenheat plugged correctly and warks but water still playing. When he ring me this morning he set car get broke and I should find somebody else.
Somebody told me Heat Exchanger is blocked with lime is this make any sense?

as much sense as your grammar.
why don`t you get the "CORGI" engineer back to fix his mess,
forget about his "car get broke" and tell him to get his backside back to
your boiler.

what was your original fault on your boiler that prompted you to get a "CORGI" engineer out?

Sponsored Links
That boiler uses a rather odd way of controling the hot water temperature.

When it gets too hot it switches to a lower flame and then off it it is still too hot.

To function correctly the gas pressures have to be set correctly.

If the boiler has been used with the setting significantly incorrect then its possible for lime scale to form in the hot water part of the heat exchanger but thats fairly rare but only usually results from a boiler which has been bodged by someone who does not understand them.

Tony

To glasgowgas I wrote everything at the beginning unfortunatelly with my poor english, two handymens tried to fix it then somebody recomend me this engineer .

I found so somebody else have this problem I copied his words they maybe more clearly for all of you.

I've got a ravenheat rsf 820/20 combi boiler, but when i take a shower it starts nice and hot then goes cold, then back to hot again. it takes around 30 seconds to do this cycle. it does this 3 or 4 times during a 10 min shower. can anyone help please? also, ive misplaced my manual, so if anyone knows where i can download one from that would be great.
thanks,
lee

Hi Patryk

I had a similar problem a couple of months ago, sorry to inform you that the solution was very expensive. When i calculated all the figures it cost me 50% of the value of my house.
Every time I took a shower, the water would cycle hot, cold, hot, cold. No boiler engineer in England could fix it. Eventually at my wits end, I discovered the problem - It was my wife - Whenever i got in the shower, she would get lonely, to take her mind off thing she would start washing the dishes.
There was only one cure - divorce her.

I am so disappointed with ravenheat - there is no mention of this in their troubleshooting guide.

Thanks George.
When I had this problem I bought dishwasher with cold feed only.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back