Rubber strip at the bottom of studwork

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this needs to be in building or woodwork, but hey ho lol.

As I strip out my horrible wonky chipboard floor, I notice a stud wall is attached to the Block and Beam floor underneath with what looks like a plasticky/rubberised strip between the wood and the blocks....forgive my numptiness as I'm just taking the step up from competant basic DIY to more complex building related DIY....am I right to assume this is something to do with perhaps protecting the studwork from moisture, or is there another reason why it would be there?

My woodworking skills are fairly good, so I'm keen to have a go at knocking up a stud wall myself in the future (and yep, I'm learning about building control too lol).

Sponsored Links
Might this stuff be available off the shelf, or am I over thinking it and could a small strip of plastic sheet do the same job?

(lol sorry, lacking confidence at the moment :confused: :) )

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back