Rubi Tile Cutter

Sponsored Links
Waste of time trying to sharpen them. Why not just but a new wheel - they're not that expensive, you know. Or do you also resharpen Stanley knife blades?

Scrit

Ok, thanks, i do sharpen chisels, i just thought the cutting wheels were a bit more robust than a stanley knife blade! I will dig deep and buy a new wheel!

I actually know a guy who reshapens Stanley knife blades, although to be fair he does it to get special shapes, like one side only bevels, etc

Scrit

Sponsored Links
I have the same cutter and the wheels last ages - how long have you had it? :confused:
To sharpen the wheels you'd have to dismantle the wheel assembly, then spin the wheel in a lathe or maybe a drill and bring back the edge with a diamond file (on both sides) then reassemble. But as Scrit has rightly suggested, it's not worth bothering about. You've spent all that money on a decent cutter, the least you can do is keep it going with decent wheels.

cheers! I have been cutting quite a bit of porcelain, and had it a while, just thought i'd ask about sharpening! but the replacement is probably more economical in the long run!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back