Running a new drainage pipe from boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am planning to run a new boiler drainage pipe- it is a condensing/combi boiler.

The old one kept freezing in the winter so I disconected it till the other week- then it backed up today. As such I plan to run it interally into the drain pipe from the bath that connects to the main soil pipe which is also interal.

My main issue is is this ok as the soil pipe is cast iron? I have head that this is now ok to do but just wanted to double check.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Yes, but you need to use a Condensate Neutraliser which filters the water and takes the acidity out of it before it is discharged into the drain.

condensafe.jpg

you only need a neutraliser if it is connected into a previously dry section of the stack as the condensate will corrode the cast, if it is connected below a connection which will allow water to run on top of the condensate it will be diluted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back