Running pipework in a stud wall.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to run hot and cold water into my loft.

I'm planning on T-ing into the supply to the bath and running the pipes up inside the nearest internal stud wall.

In the loft I have found the top of the stud wall which is constructed of steel section.

Do I simply cut a hole in this and feed the pipes in until they emerge at the bottom?

Many thanks,

Jon.

Sponsored Links
yes you can but obviously if its a supporting beam you want to be making the holes central to the beam and where the pipes pass through make sure there sleaved so the copper dosent touch the steel " for conductive reasons and to also rotect the pipes from sharp edges, make sure when your threading the pipes you tape the ends so no insulation or debris enters the new pipes

Thanks,

I'm using plastic pipe what should I sleeve it with?

Regards,

Jon

You could either drill the hole size so 1"1/4 waste pipe would fit tight and pass it through that or just apply abit of lagging, you could use a few wraps of gaffer tape

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back