rushing water sound in peugeot 206 - heat matrix?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently replaced the radiator in my 206 LX (1999) 1.1 after it developed some leaks which later turned into torrents of water. The first indication I got that there might be an issue was when I started to hear a sound like rushing water whenever I would press on the accelerator. When I realised there was a leak in the radiator I put this down to air in the system but now that it's been replaced I can still hear the noise. (leak is definitely gone now)

I've traced it to what I believe is the heat matrix behind the central column. (where all the temperature controls are) The noise appears to be coming from two pipes as when I touch them and tap the accelerator I can feel the rush of water against the pipes. (which were very hot despite the engine only being on for a few minutes incidentally - normal?) I've tried bleeding the system but the noise is still there - does anyone have any ideas as to what to do next as I don't want air in the system potentially damaging the new radiator or anything else for that matter. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Back