rusty rad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Had a new combi and rads just under two years back. I just noticed the paint flaking off the very bottom of the bathroom rad (it`s a double) and very rusty, like it`s years old.
Any help please.
Thanks..

Sponsored Links
Some people dislike painted radiators in a bathroom; if they are not hot they can get condensation from the steamy atmosphere which can make then rusty.

I painted my rad (protective primer plus oil-based satinwood paint) front, back, top, bottom and sides before fitting it, and it seems rust free. You might try that. Painting radiators once fitted is not as thorough.

Otherwise one of those chromes towel rail things should not rust.

JohnD said:
Some people dislike painted radiators in a bathroom; if they are not hot they can get condensation from the steamy atmosphere which can make then rusty.

I painted my rad (protective primer plus oil-based satinwood paint) front, back, top, bottom and sides before fitting it, and it seems rust free. You might try that. Painting radiators once fitted is not as thorough.

Otherwise one of those chromes towel rail things should not rust.

Thanks John, I will do that..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back