ryobi deal - but is it one+?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
this is a current deal on screwfix http://www.screwfix.com/prods/97727...-CDI1801-CCK18-3-006-18V-4-Piece-Kit?ts=18297 - 3 tools for £95!

The advert says one+ but the picture doesn't. I have emailed Ryobi several times for confirmation as I am keen to get a one+ battery kit but no reply.

Does any know if this kit is one+ compatible? The picture isn't very clear but maybe someone can tell.

To be honest only interested in Ryobi because of the good reports I have read on this forum, so hoping someone might be able to tell.

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo and welcome pool31 :D :D :D

yes 100% compatable the batteries where introduced before the one + system was introduced so dont always have the "one plus" motife the yellow band is a giveaway
i belive even the batteries without the yellow band are still compatable but even older stock ;)

thanks big-all for the welcome and the great advice, you were quick as well!

The deal looks a really good one then, at last I will have some proper tools, (too many cheap no-name ones in the past.)

read the reviews.. it's not One+..

but like the dewalt kit, most batteries fit, doesn't matter if it's XRP or not, it;s just not as high capacity as the better ones..

Sponsored Links
read the reviews.. it's not One+..

but like the dewalt kit, most batteries fit, doesn't matter if it's XRP or not, it;s just not as high capacity as the better ones..

i read the one reveiw that was "unsure" about the batteries
the simple facts are as you say the batteries are identical but not branded one plus ;)

in un branded genuine ryobi one plus compatable i have 2x2.0 ah batteries
and in branded i have 2x1.5ah and 4x1.7ah batteries plus 3 li-ion batteries

I would go to my local store, you have 5 or 6 in the London area & check it out before purchase.
JonB

I would go to my local store, you have 5 or 6 in the London area & check it out before purchase.
JonB

If it's under the clearance section of the website, they're unlikely to have it instore.

Anyway, I have the drill in this kit and it is 100% compatible with my One+ tools. The bloke who wrote that dodgy review sounds like a pedantic wally!

JonB

If it's under the clearance section of the website, they're unlikely to have it instore.

Anyway, I have the drill in this kit and it is 100% compatible with my One+ tools. The bloke who wrote that dodgy review sounds like a pedantic wally!

thanks for the info, this is a great forum :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back