Ryobi One+ faulty?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just bought a Ryobi One+ package from B&Q and a bit worried. Its the 2 speed drill and jigsaw with 2x 18v batteries. I have charged one of the batteries and when i use the drill or jigsaw , when i let go of the trigger i see a blue spark inside where the vent holes are. Is this normal or are they both faulty?

My dad has a cheap and nasty cordless drill and it doesnt do that.

Matt

Sponsored Links
Its perfectly normal mate nothing to worry about. This is due to design, if you see the brushes are in contact with the armature. When the motor brakes or starts to spin there will inevitably be a an arc.

Sponsored Links
Ok. Do makita and dewalt do it aswell?

Matt

they all do to some extent or other but ryobi design there vents open so you can see the motor casing
where as most others use shielding so the airflow has to zigzag in so giving no or limited sight of the sparks

I took it back today. Bloody thing. In the morning first thing i did a little drilling and a spark must have shot 2 inch out of the drill so i suspect its faulty.

Matt

are the sparks when you release the trigger or during normal operation!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back