Sad news day

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Blimey, first the Air France plane; then the Beachy Head trio. Turns out the lad had dies of meningitis, prompting his parents to kill themselves.

Very sad....

Sponsored Links
I must say I shed a tear over that little family poor poor poor lambs.

It doesnt half bring my own petty ridiculous problems into prospective it surely does.

god rest them all

It is totally tragic. Quite selfishly, i hope i never have to find out how they must have felt to throw themselves off the cliff. I really feel for their loss, and now the loss of the rest of the family members they've left behind.

And also for the poor rescue guy who opened the rucksack - not the kind of surprise anyone wants!

Absolutely tragic, but I can imagine not wanting to go on if your beloved son dies

Sponsored Links
It shows how strong the family bond can be, very sad

Words seem so futile. The whole story is one of tragedy. From the untimely death of their little boy to what I assume was the conclusion they came to that they felt they just couldn't/didn't want to, go on.

What their family must be going through must be well..... Unimaginable. But as blasphemous succintly put words are futile.

And that's the problem with suicide, unfortunately: once you've made the leap - either figuratively or literally - you're out of it and off to Valhala, but you just pass on the grieving baton straight on to someone else.

As tragic as it is, it is ultimately an entirely selfish act - their relatives now not only have to deal with the loss of a grandson/cousin, but of a son, daughter, uncle, aunty, sister, brother; those left behind are not grieving for one loss, but three.

And let's not forget the rescue guys too. How the hell do you deal with unexpectedly finding a dead kiddy in a rucksack?

It's a tragedy on so many levels.

As tragic as it is, it is ultimately an entirely selfish act

When a persons mind is so badly damaged as it must have been in this case, people are no longer thinking like sane people. All they want is a way out and no thought is given to those left behind.

So I would not say these people are selfish, just very very mentally ill. :cry:

How do I do quotes?

Hello.
Taking an innocent life is wrong, no matter what the circumstances. Very wrong.
Selfish ?
Sometimes you can feel that your 'non existance' would , after the initial grief , be better for those whom you most care for (in some instances).

Ed.

they must have been going through hell total shock when i heard about it. the so called average for suicides at beachy head is around 17 its already up to 10,
a big shout out has to go to the chaplency peeps doing a sterling job up there walking the head and doing there best to talk to the would be jumpers in all weathers.

I understand people who say suicide is a selfish act. But if you can't go on. Well I can undertand it. One of the most poinient exmples is a guy who jumped off the top of the twin towers. His parents couldn't forgive him for commiting suicide. I'd say I shake the hand of someone who faced with certain death by fire, took their last decision into their own hands. Incredibly brave

How do I do quotes?
At the Right of each box there is a 'quote' button Linda. Just click on it and a new reply box will appear with the 'quote' already in.

Click on the image below to see what I mean.

EDIT: I see 333Rocky333 has replied to your question in your 'Newbie' post. Please do not reply to this post here. Make any replies/continue this discussion in your 'Newbie' post.

How do I do quotes?
At the Right of each box there is a 'quote' button Linda. Just click on it and a new reply box will appear with the 'quote' already in.

Click on the image below to see what I mean.

EDIT: I see 333Rocky333 has replied to your question in your 'Newbie' post. Please do not reply to this post here. Make any replies/continue this discussion in your 'Newbie' post.
Linda. as Blas says just do this :LOL: choose the post you want to quote and click on its quote button then type your message and it all comes out super dooper, you will fit in well on here cause i read your earlier post and if you are bolshie and to the point you will be among friends (or at least equal minded morons, take your pick)

Sponsored Links
Back