Safari

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old MacBook Pro laptop with Safari version 13.1.2 with which I am having problems on more and more websites functioning correctly, whereas they are OK with Firefox. Firefox will automatically transfer all my Favourites from Safari but not log in details. Does anyone know a way round this as Apple will not let me update Safari. Thanks

Sponsored Links
You can export the passwords to a file and then import them into Firefox or Google Chrome. From Apple's website:

1) In the Safari app on your Mac, choose File > Export > Passwords.
2) Click Export Passwords.
WARNING: Your passwords are exported to a CSV file. The CSV file is not encrypted and anyone reading the file can see your passwords.
3) Enter a name and choose a location for the CSV file, then click Save.
4) Enter the login password for your Mac.
5) To use the exported passwords in another browser, import the CSV file you created.

Hope this helps.

Sponsored Links
You can export the passwords to a file and then import them into Firefox or Google Chrome. From Apple's website:

1) In the Safari app on your Mac, choose File > Export > Passwords.
2) Click Export Passwords.
WARNING: Your passwords are exported to a CSV file. The CSV file is not encrypted and anyone reading the file can see your passwords.
3) Enter a name and choose a location for the CSV file, then click Save.
4) Enter the login password for your Mac.
5) To use the exported passwords in another browser, import the CSV file you created.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for help, DKenn!

i understand that safari updates as part of the main OSX , which is an issue on OLDER machines , not updating to the later OSX versions
i just use chrome or firefox as that updates independately
or the new duckduckgo browser

You could try this, to at least view your old passwords?

This is a great video! Thanks for sharing. After all, I recently encountered exactly this problem. Therefore, I consider such materials extremely valuable. Also I recently read a great guide on what to do If you forgot your Mac login password and it really helped me solve the problems. If you have a similar situation, I recommend checking out this article. She will be able to perfectly complement the tips presented in the video. It's simple and saved me a lot of headaches. Hope this helps you too!
By the way, this video also helped me recover my Mac passwords.

Last edited:
Back