Safe deposit boxes

Sponsored Links
My dad had a floor safe, in his last house. Bolted down and set into the floor. Covered by the carpet at one corner of a bedroom. A thief would never have found it. ;) ;)
Its all about hiding the safe. Certainly it is my intention to invest in a fireproof safe and install it in a discrete location as soon as I stop moving around the country and or have anything much to put in it.

Daniel

I also remember going through a rough part of Leeds and in this area lots of houses had security gates over the windows and front doors to stop the scumbags,it looked horrible......why should folk live like this

It's not to keep scumbags out, it's to keep them in and safe from the police when they come knocking with their warrants and rammers looking for drugs.

Sponsored Links
You asked- and I told you.
3/4 tonne safe - jewellers safe.
Security camers outside and inside .
Notice on front of house ''''SMILE- YOU'RE ON CCTV''.

Every Rich plumber should have one . :LOL:

A big, secure safe that the intruder can see, means he will come back a week or two with his big brother, who will do something to make you open it, because he will think it must be worth his while.

A concealed floor safe, set in concrete, is difficult to open, but can also be made difficult to find. You might have a flap of carpet or a piece of laminate flooring over it. If he doesn't know it's there, he won't try to open it.

If you are an Indian family with a lot of valuable gold that you keep in Safe Deposit, he will come round the night before or after the wedding, because he'll know the date and you'll be showing off what you have.

Unless he knows, or suspects, you have something better than the house next door, you only have to make your house more secure and better alarmed than your neighbour, and he'll go there instead. Doors, locks and bolts will make it more difficult for him to get in.

Just to butt in here, for which i apologise, but ...

A work mate got burgled just before Christmas. He returned home from work to find his back door smashed to pieces and various items including TV and laptop gone...on the kitchen worktop he noticed a bottle of coke was opened and the lid left off. He had been shopping before work and knew he had not opened the bottle of coke. The police came round and swabbed the bottle neck for DNA. They got a match with somebody already on the database and so hauled him into the police station for questioning. He admitted being in the house but he was not prosecuted because of what he said:

" I was walking my dog in the area and noticed that somebodies back door was smashed open and i went inside to make sure everything was ok, i was doing the guy a favour in being a good citizen, i noticed that there was nobody in the house and so left"

Police man: " You opened and drank from a bottle of coke in the property, we have DNA evidence"

Burgler: "Yes i did open and drink from the bottle, i was very thirsty and thought that because id been a good citizen and tried to help that the owner wouldnt mind if i quenched my thirst"

With this in mind, my mate then told me that there is no path at the rear of his house, there is an 8 foot high fence which you cannot see over without a ladder etc etc.......

The police admitted that they thought the story was a load of rubbish, but said the CPS had stated that due to the admission of being in the house, and owning up to drinking from the bottle, there was no real prospect of conviction in a court of law, beyond a reasonable doubt.

With this in mind, my mate then told me that there is no path at the rear of his house, there is an 8 foot high fence which you cannot see over without a ladder etc etc.......

Which, of course, the CPS conveniently forgot about.

Criminals have it made these days, don't they?

you need to be crafty here a jar with loose change a tea caddy or similar with say £50-200 and a safe in an obvious but hidden place
they need to think they have the upper hand and what they have stolen matches the worth or value that would be in the house
then if they nick the safe that has minimal contents they will stop looking off course your valuables are better hidden but you have ticked the boxes for the thief

what i am saying is if you dont give just enough they will keep looking
so give them more than you like probably 3 or 4 times what you would like say £400 against them looking further for your 7k worth off valuables

you need to be crafty here a jar with loose change a tea caddy or similar with say £50-200 and a safe in an obvious but hidden place
they need to think they have the upper hand and what they have stolen matches the worth or value that would be in the house
then if they nick the safe that has minimal contents they will stop looking off course your valuables are better hidden but you have ticked the boxes for the thief

so give them more than you like probably 3 or 4 times what you would like say £400 against them looking further for your 7k worth off valuables

That's good advice. We have a small safe, firmly bolted to the floor but I'm sure a determined thief could have it out. Other things are hidden.

That's good advice. We have a small safe, firmly bolted to the floor but I'm sure a determined thief could have it out. Other things are hidden.

For sure they would- especially in your area .
They would take the floor as well. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back