Safe Lighting Panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
An odd one this (perhaps).
My nine year old son loves all things space/sci-fi. He would love a "control panel" where (in simple terms) a load of switches make a load of lights go on and off.
I am thinking I could get a bucket of 12v (or similar) switches and lights and then wire them up so they operate.
Could I do this and run it from a plug-in transformer (the sort one gets with most electrical goods these days from laptops to musical keyboards).
I am assuming this would make everything 12v (and therefore safe for a nine year old).
Any and all advice gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
There's also this company, do lots of stuff for school projects, very fast mail-order. http://www.rapideducation.co.uk/rkmain.asp

I saw someone selling 100 elv panel switches with ?neons? or ?leds? on fleabay the other day. Searched on "100 switches"

I think the little plug-in transformer may be a bit light if you're having many lamps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back