Safety Floor Coverings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My father in law wants me to help build a play area for my triplet girls. We would like it to be an area like you would see in a park e.g climbing areas and swings etc. The problem is what type of floor covering to use. Paving would be easy but not safe. My children are very accident prone so safety is paramount. I suggested wood chippings however he is not keen on the idea. The only other thing i could think of was a form of rubber matting that you see in some parks around climbing areas where the base is concrete. However i have been unable to find a supplier as well as knowing that it will cost a fortune.

If anyone could give me any ideas and suggestions it would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
There used to be a compnay around here (Kent) that did coloured rubber matting (tiles for outside use etc) but I'm afraid they left (and don't know to where).
I did see their product once, installed next to an outside pool and it look a real picture, very effective and safe.
Not sure if this is any help to you ;)

Type in "wet pour rubber products" in google, plenty there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back