Sage coffee machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Coffee lovers.

I'm.looking at buying a Sage coffee machine.

There are a few different models but what it the difference apart from the price?

Sponsored Links
Im thinking of buying one as well, so shall be following this thread with interest

Sponsored Links
This one is cheaper still but comes with a temperature perfect milk jug that I would also like.

But is it still good as it's is cheaper than the one above even with the milk jug.

My coffee set up at the moment
20230923_141302.jpg

But I'm into my coffee so want be a bit of a Barista with a proper machine.

I’ve always fancied a bean to cup machine but I’ve always been put off by the size of them and all the faff involved in getting the right beans, storing them correctly, getting the right grind, the right temperature etc etc and of course the maintenance, plus, I’m the only one that drinks coffee in this house if you don’t count Mrs Motties instant cappuccino sachets - yuk.

I bought this a good few years ago - pop in a pod, press the button. Lift lever when you’re done, eject pod and bin it. Job done. Can do ristretto, cappuccino, lungo, flat white, latté, cappuccino and latté macchiato. Has a milk steamer/frother. I can adjust the amounts and temperatures of coffee and milk and milk froth too. Just needs a descale every 6 months - machine tells you when to do it and if you don’t, it goes into sulk mode and refuses to play ball to protect itself from scaling up.

Best value for decent coffee pods I’ve found are the ones from Lidl - £2.69 for a box of 20. Talking of which, I’m nearly out so I’m going up there in a minute.

Last edited:
james hoffman is worth a watch on youtube -he was a winner of barista championship I think

I think these bean to cup machines are known to suffer breakdowns -they are extremely complicated

I’ve always fancied a bean to cup machine but I’ve always been put off by the size of them and all the faff involved in getting the right beans, storing them correctly, getting the right grind, the right temperature etc etc and of course the maintenance plus, I’m the only one that drinks coffee in this house if you don’t count Mrs Motties instant cappuccino sachets - yuk.

I bought this a good few years ago - pop in a pod, press the button. Lift lever when you’re done, eject pod and bin it. Job done. Can do ristretto, cappuccino, lungo, flat white, latté, cappuccino and latté macchiato. Has a milk steamer/frother too. Can adjust the amounts and temperatures of coffee and milk too. Just needs a descale every 6 months - machine tells you when to do it and if you don’t, it goes into sulk mode and refuses to play ball to protect itself from scaling up.

Best value for decent coffee pods I’ve found are the ones from Lidl - £2.69 for a box of 20. Talking of which, I’m nearly out so I’m going up there in a minute.
that looks like a machine with a proper steam milk wand rather than the frothers on the cheap machines

Ive got a coffee pod machine and I make steamed milk with a Dualit Cino

I personally find I need 2 pods to make a latte

I recently bought a coffee machine pump from china. It works on my carpet cleaning machine.

I have the barista express as shown above. Mine gets lots of abuse and as long as you run the cleaning cycle it’s been good.

You can save money by not buying the sage cleaning tablets, filters and descaling powders.

The digital one which is slightly more expensive basically does the same as the analogue one.

that looks like a machine with a proper steam milk wand
It is and after you've lifted the wand to remove the milk jug and then let it go back to its position, it automatically squirts hot water out of the four pin-hole nozzles and gives out a blast of steam to clear it out

Ludwig von Beethoven always insisted his coffee was made with precisely 60 beans.
No more, no less.

Not a lot o' people know that.

Sponsored Links
Back