Salamanda Pump issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have just installed a salamanda pump for my shower, boosting my hot and cold supply.

I have a gravity fed system with a cold water tank in the loft, and a cylinder in the airing cupboard, where i have also installed my pump.

I have seperated my hot supply so that the pump has a dedicated supply from the cylinder via a surrey flange and also installed new pipe work from my cold water tank in the loft so there is a dedicated cold supply.

I have followed the commissioning instructions as per the pump literature, i turn on my shower mixer and the pump kicks in fine.

The problem i have, is that when i switch the shower mixer tap off, the pump still runs, although it actiually runs intermitantly, appearing to turn on and off, on and off and so on.

Looking at the pump when this happens it appear to be 'sucking' the cold supply pipe...

Any ideas what this may be? any help would be gratefully received.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back