Salamander shower pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I am in a rented property and have a mixer shower which has had a Salamander pumped shower system CT55+ single fitted before I moved in to help with the water pressure.
I have yet to use the shower as all the hot water is pumped out first and is scalding hot and within 1 min the shower goes back to cold. We have tried having the cold tap on first then adding in the hot but the pump seems to over power it and only the hot water comes through. An electrician reduced the pressure of the pump but this has made no difference.
No one seems to be able to tell us why it is happening or give a solution.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Good question, the pump, plumbing off the top of the hot water cylinder and anything else you think might be relevant/attractive.

Sponsored Links
Is the cold water tank fed too and is it a manual mixer?

An electrician reduced the pump pressure? Why an electrician and how did he do that? Unless he has reduced the voltage to the pump through some form of rheostat?

The mixer is manual through the taps on the bath. The electrician was from a company which 'manages' the house kind of they come and do odd jobs he was fitting my oven today and was told to look at our shower as well. not sure what he did just told me the pressure was less so would help.

Jesus thats rough :confused: very much doubt the shower will ever work properly as the cold isint pumped (probably off the mains) and the pipework needs doing properly, apart from that its fine.

Oh mammy daddy... :eek: I can see what the electricians done, he's run some earth insulating tape to keep the pipes steady ;)

Seriously tho, as Picasso says, that's an horses ass of a job I'm afraid to say. Maybe it was the electrician has installed it and he should stick to electrics, even then I'd question his electrics too if that's the power cable for the pump that's stretched taught. Lucky if the shower will ever work properly set up like that. It looks as if it pumps every hot water outlet too unless there's another T further up on the vent pipe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back