Salamander shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi hope someone can help. I have just moved into a new house which had leaking salamder ct75 shower pump fitted for shower under the bath. I purchased a second hand pump which had only been used for a week but previous owner had not found powerful enough. I paid a plumber to fit it, he could not get it to work despite checking fuse, wiring etc. I have contacted the seller of the pump who has informed me he checked it prior to posting and it worked perfectly. He told me there is a safety cut off switch incorporated into pump which switches off pump if ever pump were to topple over. He suggested tapping pump which should restart pump, tried this it did not start!! I have noticed however that the plumber has fitted the pump with the little black box on the side of the pump rather than the top, is this ok or would it prevent it from working? All instructions I have seen state that pump should also be fitted as close to hot water cylinder as possible? Space under bath is very tight so I am guessing plumber has turned pump on side as easier to fit? Seller has offered me a full refund if i return pump and it is found to be faulty but I don't want to return if fault is with fitting rather than pump itself. Any advice would be appreciated cheers rachel

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back