Salamander trouble

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Installed a ct50, 100% as per manu instructions. The valve it feeds is a thermostatic vale which also says is fine for a pump. The head on the shower is a rain head. The pressure aint brill, but its not gonna be with 1.5bar on a rain head. The problem I have is it runs fine but when testing I turned it to all the way cold and the pump hunts/stutters. I cannot for the life of me work out why. I have installed check valves and really have done a 100% install as its for a customer.

ANy suggestions welcom as I am stumped
cheers

Sponsored Links
thanks for the reply, the iso's are fully open as for an airlock, I dont see how it could have one, if it did would it push through

Sponsored Links
the pipe runs to the pump down from the cold storage with just one bend and virtical all they way. The outlet comes out the top of the and down under the floor and then down the wall to the bathroom.

(the cylinder and cold water storage is above the bathroom)

where the pipe comes out of the top of the pump then down vertical under the floor is a air trap it should have a bleed valve on the highest pipework out of the pump.
air go's up won't come down so is trapped.

AH right,
that makes sense.

Absolutley not knocking what you are saying, coz now you've said it even I can see the problem. How come salamander dont encorperate this into their manual, as the pipes always come out the top of the pump and the go down to a shower.

Thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back