Sale Of Goods Act

I don't think you had a good motive for using a word that will be unfamiliar to a substantial proportion of readers

Sponsored Links
you could do worse than write in terms that your readers will find clear and easily comprehensible.

If someone tells me that they didn't understand, I'm happy to explain. I don't see why I should be the only one putting in the effort though - if all of us were lazy and didn't expand our vocabulary, the forum would be a pretty dull place.

Sponsored Links
If I don't see why I should be the only one putting in the effort though - if all of us were lazy and didn't expand our vocabulary, the forum would be a pretty dull place.
How can you say that with the vocabulary rich contributions of billyo and BOB DOLE? :)

I remember, proudly pointing out to one of my friends very shortly before Christmas that our telly had been going strong for 17 years, then in front of our very eyes, the picture all shot off to one side with a slightly electrical whiff coming from the back :eek: :eek: :LOL:

I wouldn't say that expecting a modern TV to last 10 years was "absurd", maybe optimistic.

But wrt to the SoGA, I managed to get a new dishwasher off Whirlpool after our original one kept breaking down, which to give them their due they kept fixing, and re-issuing another guarantee, however eventually it broke down some 13 months after its last problem, then Whirlpool stated that it was out of it guarantee.

When the history of said machine was pointed out, and mutterings made about the SoGA, they promptly took the old one away, and installed a new top of the ranger dishwasher at no cost.

The new one is still going fine despite the build quality of the machine.

Litotes is a splendid word. Do Readers Digest still publish that magazine with the article, I think was entitled 'Towards More Picturesque Speech'?

Oh no, he's calling people morons now :D

I'd certainly expect (and damn well insist!) that a TV that cost me £600+ lasted well over 18 months, I'd be going back to the shop if it failed within 5 years. I know how electronic equipment is built very cheaply these days & that whatever you pay its all the same crap no matter what, but even cheap components have good/reasonable lifetime expectations.

Sponsored Links
Back