Salus RT500RF and Receiver Issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Can anyone help me please?

I seem to have a issue with my heating system, my boiler is working i.e. I have hot water and ignition but no central heating is firing up when prompted by the wireless thermostat, the thermostat is working and it's connected with the receiver, I have both the green and red light on when I put the temperature up and when turning this off I have just the red light. However when the green light is on the heat call does not seem to connect with the boiler as this is not firing up.

Is there something i can do about this? or do i just have a faulty receiver and will need to buy a new one?

Any help is appreciated as the cold house is driving me mad!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi,

At the back of the receiver you may have some terminals looking like:

Screenshot_20220125-172412_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

With the power turned off (to the boiler and receiver), you can connect together the wires in the NO and COM terminals (put both wires into the COM terminal).

If, when the power is turned back on, the boiler fires up, then the receiver is probably faulty.

If the boiler doesn't fire up, further investigation may be necessary of the wiring, or the boiler and you may need an RGI.

If there's anything you are unsure about, let us know and include a photo of the wiring behind the receiver.

I hope that helps :)

Attachments

• RT500RF-Manual-006.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 413
Thank you very much for your reply. I will get my partner to try this when he gets home and will let you know the outcome..

Have you tried an override button, if there is one?

Sponsored Links
my receiver it not in a very easy reach area, as I just trying the above and the heating came on as I have a program to start at 7pm till 9pm, and that program seems to be the only one working as it did not came on this morning. As the heating is now on I am assuming the receiver is working?? I have been trying the override mode but this is not working, I get the green light in the receiver but the boiler won't start..

I will leave the heating on now and see if it stops at 9pm. As at least will heat the house for a bit.

Anyone has any thoughts? This seems to be an issue after yesterday I changed my programs

I had the Salus RT500RF too.
It’s now in a box in the cupboard under the stairs, beside the foot spa.

my receiver it not in a very easy reach area, as I just trying the above and the heating came on as I have a program to start at 7pm till 9pm, and that program seems to be the only one working as it did not came on this morning. As the heating is now on I am assuming the receiver is working?? I have been trying the override mode but this is not working, I get the green light in the receiver but the boiler won't

Well, at least it is working for now! :)

Were you attempting to remove the receiver at the time it started working?

The only thing I can think of (and I may be very wrong!), Is that if you did disturb the receiver, there may be some loose(ish) wiring in the terminals that has now reconnected, or a sticky relay has become unstuck by jogging it....

...or changing the programming could have upset the system - it maybe worth trying a reset?

Hopefully your system will continue to operate, but given the reputation the Salus has around here - you may wish to look into alternatives! :)

I only managed to take the wooden panel I have over it so I didn't actually touch the receiver yet..

I will try a reset later after this program finishes and see it that helps making the override work again..

sounds like the relay in the receiver is sticking, ver common with these, next time you have a heating demand and the boiler doesnt fire, take a pic of the thermostat screen, the receiver lights and the boiler facia so we can see what is going on

Hi there so last night the heating worked from 7-9 which is my only program that is working, still nothing on this morning and the override mode is also not working, this is the status at the moment

Attachments

• 85775446-335F-46E2-9E8D-B3F254AB3F2A.jpeg
    85775446-335F-46E2-9E8D-B3F254AB3F2A.jpeg
    166.7 KB · Views: 100
  • 6832E8F7-BB6C-4D0A-831B-6FDEB30953EC.jpeg
    6832E8F7-BB6C-4D0A-831B-6FDEB30953EC.jpeg
    231.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 965604DE-25CC-4DFD-B7CB-FB7CE33799EB.jpeg
    965604DE-25CC-4DFD-B7CB-FB7CE33799EB.jpeg
    225.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 09BC2248-629C-4A7D-BA45-C3DC37C2F698.jpeg
    09BC2248-629C-4A7D-BA45-C3DC37C2F698.jpeg
    213.3 KB · Views: 91
If you open the door on the handset, is it selected to once?

My thermostat looks like this

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 80
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    322.8 KB · Views: 137
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 74

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back