Salus RT500RF Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm hoping someone on here might be able to help with a problem I'm having with my Main Combi 30 Eco and Salus RT500RF controller that has just been installed.

I'm confident that I've got the programmes on the wireless controller are correctly set up. All 5 daily settings have their time and temp set and positive syncing appears to have been done as LEDs flash as and when the instructions suggest they should. However, when the programme has a low temperature, i.e. 10C to have the boiler off, the boiler seems to kick in and start the heating going. I'm not sure why this is? When this happens I'm able to override the temp setting and it will switch the boiler off or on as expected.

Any suggestions why the boiler is kicking in when it should be off and how I can stop it?

I'd rather not have to purchase a new controller, but any suggestions if I can't get the current one working correctly? Not too bothered about having something wireless, but want to be able to specify when the heating is on/off separately for weekdays and weekends.

Thanks

Morgan

Sponsored Links
have you removed any of the five jumpers to create a frequency unique to your install?

No, the jumpers are all still in, but the unit is next to the boiler and getting positive results when syncing. I'll try removing a few of the jumpers and see what happens.

Looking at the back of the controller, how can I tell if the Live and the Switched Live are connected correctly, the cables are the same colour, could that be impacting anything?

Morgan

Sponsored Links
when you remove any jumpers you will have to press the reset button and re program it.

as for the wires i am not familiar with your boiler. no idea if its 240v switched or low voltage. so i dont know.

i suggest you read the manual for your boiler AND the salus.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back