Salus RT520RF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I had a new boiler put in a couple of months ago and have the Salus RT520RF controls, as its getting chilly now I've set it for the heating to come on...
my issue is the radiators are hot when they should be off... I've set it at 10 for the off time but they are boiling.
I've re-paired them and checked the timings several times to no avail...
any ideas/suggestions would be great!
Thanks in advance

Just had a thought and checked... my rads are the same temperature as the water... going to decrease the rads and see if it works.. fingers crossed

Sponsored Links
Does the boiler fire up constantly? Sounds like the link could have been left in - get the installer back.

Thanks for the quick reply, and no, not to my knowledge... when it's in summer mode it's fine... I turned the heat setting down on the boiler for the rads and they cooled right down... but I think I might have lowered it too much, they should be on now.
I have a Valient boiler if that helps?

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW
As CBW above at 2 months old get installers back.
Just one though like most stats of this type it switches both time and temperature.
What back set temperature have you set at off times?

Sponsored Links
Hi, the temperature is set to 10 at off time

when it's in summer mode it's fine.
The red link is for a 24v thermostat, so in summer mode the boiler will not look for a call from the room thermostat, as soon as you select heating, with the red link in the boiler thinks there is a constant call for heat, it has to be removed

Thank you all very much for your imput, I'll get onto the company that installed it, it's all a bit confusing to be honest, in my previous house the my
boiler was 20+ years old and worked like a dream, they certainly don't make em that way anymore!

Thank you all very much for your imput, I'll get onto the company that installed it, it's all a bit confusing to be honest, in my previous house the my
boiler was 20+ years old and worked like a dream, they certainly don't make em that way anymore!
Agree with you, but to be honest any boiler is only as good as the person who installed it, not the boilers fault the installer you used cant read the installation instructions and install it correctly, do not pay any additional fees for getting them to come back and do their job correctly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back